Whether it’s to celebrate Cinco de Mayo or any other occasion, this tasty fajita recipe – which is a tortilla filled with juicy beef and an assortment of colourful veggies – is sure to become a family favourite.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 1 to 2 hours
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Makes: 8 fajitas
The fresh vegetables in this recipe means, along with tons of picked-from-the garden flavour, it’s naturally loaded with vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals, all of which are good for you.
- 500 g (1 lb.) sirloin steak, in one piece
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 125 ml (1⁄2 c.) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cumin
- 2 ml (1⁄2 tsp.) salt
- 1 g (1⁄4 tsp.) black pepper
- 1 serrano or jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 medium flour tortillas (15 cm/6 in.), warmed following package directions
- 110 ml (4 oz.) cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
Cut meat diagonally across grain into thin slices. Divide meat, onion and pepper evenly between warmed tortillas. Top with cheese.Place under grill just until the cheese melts, about 30 seconds. Fold tortillas over filling and serve.
Each fajita contains about: 293 calories, 18 g protein, 14 g fat (including 6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 24 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre and 411 mg sodium.
Switch it up!
Other flatbreads, such as lavash and pita bread, can be used for this recipe. Warm them lightly in the oven, under the grill or in the microwave. What’s more, you can vary the cut of beef used depending on your taste and budget.
Try this delicious recipe today for a flavourful dish that will quickly become one your family will ask for!
20 something year old, spending a lot of free time watching anime, playing video games, reading manga, sometimes meeting new people and learning game Dev.
Loves battle shounen, slice of life, comedy, horror or anything that has an interesting plot.