Last Updated on December 25, 2019
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
Unique, fresh and fairly simple to prepare – just DO IT!
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium fennel bulbs (2½ pounds), cut lengthwise into ¼”-thick slicesKosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 lemon1 serrano chile, seeded, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (from ½ small pomegranate) – we probably used a bit more because we love them!
Cut between membranes to release segments; discard membranes and roughly chop.Add lemon with any juices and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to quinoa; stir.Add fennel mixture, chile, and herbs.Toss gently to incorporate.Season with salt and pepper.Transfer salad to a platter; sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.