Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
Unique, fresh and fairly simple to prepare – just DO IT!
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium fennel bulbs (2½ pounds), cut lengthwise into ¼”-thick slicesKosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 lemon1 serrano chile, seeded, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (from ½ small pomegranate) – we probably used a bit more because we love them!
Cut between membranes to release segments; discard membranes and roughly chop.Add lemon with any juices and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to quinoa; stir.Add fennel mixture, chile, and herbs.Toss gently to incorporate.Season with salt and pepper.Transfer salad to a platter; sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
20 something year old, spending a lot of free time watching anime, playing video games, reading manga, sometimes meeting new people and learning game Dev.
Loves battle shounen, slice of life, comedy, horror or anything that has an interesting plot.